KV&O RS11 #431 switching out a couple bad orders.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Dual Track Hot metal mixer. Part 1

His has been a project I have wanted to do for year. Even when I built the BOF on the layout I put in dual tracks for this car. Over the weekend I start on building the car. The original car was proposed to the USS Conneaut plant by Pecor, but was never built. Patents for the car can be found online.

The car is a 660 ton hot metal mixer. Due to the large size of the car traction motors was in the trucks of the car and they drew their power from a separate locomotive coupled to the car.


The boxcab is only for looks. The trucks to the car was built from Rix product ingot buggies. The trucks was rebuilt many time to get the look I wanted.


The approximate length of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment