KV&O RS11 #431 switching out a couple bad orders.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

ACE-G1-4000 Turbine Part 1

I'm always looking for odd and unique locomotives and rolling stock. While surfing on eBay a few weeks back I came across a very unique locomotive. After a few emails with the seller I found out the builder has passed away and he was selling the locomotive for the widow, and I ended up purchasing the locomotive. The locomotive was incomplete and still need some work, detail parts mostly. The front pilot had to be attached and the drive rods put back in place. The locomotives was built with parts from a Penn Line GG1 locomotive. The frame was scratch built out of brass tubing and plates, and the shell was built from 2 AHM Krauss-Maffei locomotive. One thing I really like about finding odd pieces of equipment I can make up store of how they came about. Wounder what I can come up with?



No comments:

Post a Comment