KV&O RS11 #431 switching out a couple bad orders.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bucket Wheel Excavator Part 1

I have been looking for a Revell Bucket Wheel Excavator for some time. These were out of production until last year. There were only a limited run of these and I was lucky enough to find one at a good price on eBay. The kit is 1/200 scale, but even for that scale it measures around 3 feet long. I have always been interested in these machines and wanted one for my layout. After getting the kit and looking at it, It will take a little scratch building on a few parts but the plan is to convert this from 1/200 scale to 1/87 scale. I have started the crawler assembly and placed an HO scale person beside the crawler to show the size. Still going to be big for HO scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment