KV&O RS11 #431 switching out a couple bad orders.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Senery on the layout and car float

Well, it has been over a year since I posted here? Lots have been going on with the layout since my last post. The biggest thing has been the scenery and the area around the car float. 

I was having all kinds of issues pulling and places cars on the car float to the point I was ready to completely take it off the layout and scrap the idea of using it. I really like the way it looked is one reason I keep putting it off. I was redoing the facial boards on part of the layout when it hit me how I could improve operations on the car float. All the trackwork was ripped out and a small addition was added to the benchwork. I replaced the two #4 switches with a Peco #6 and a broad curved switch. Redoing this area also lead to having to redo a lot of scenery in this area. Still, a long way to go on the scenery but it's a start. 

The operation to the car float is great now and I find myself doing a lot of switching here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment